The Ministry of Justice and the Korean Immigration Office recently announced this information about visa and immigration services.
The Instruction Guide for Newly Revised Fees For All Visa & Immigration-Related Services
Please note that all fees will be effective January 1, 2014
1. Background for the Fee Increase
○ The current fees for all visa and immigration-related services have been frozen for about 15 years. Taking the annual inflation rate and the rise of labor cost since 1998 into account, it is agreed that the current service fees are set too low.
○ Furthermore, considering that all fess for visa and immigration-related services are determined on a reciprocal basis between two countries, our service charges have been considered too low compared to the fees of other developed countries.
2. Major Details for the Fee Increase
○ In principle, the newly revised fees will be increased up to 100% from the current level of service charges.
– However, the fees for Change of Sojourn Status to F-5 Permanent Resident, (Re)Issuance of Alien Registration Card (including Resident Registration Card) and others will be increased at different rates. Please see the table below for more information.
3. The Effective Date : January 1st, 2014