Obtain a Visa

Most international students do not need to obtain a student visa to attend the ISS . Most students normally carry a C-3 Visa which allows them to stay in Korea within 90 days.  However, it is your responsibility to use your official letter of acceptance to obtain the correct visa, if needed, to attend ISS.

Prospective students should inquire with the closest Korean consular office as to whether a visa is required for a 5-week stay in Korea for citizens of their country.

Students who plan to stay longer than 90 days need to apply for Residence Permission at the Seoul Immigration Office within 90 days of their arrival in Korea.

※ If you need the certificate of admission to ISS for your visa application, you must first submit a copy of your passport information page to us as a scanned color email attachment (isshufs@gmail.com or summer@hufs.ac.kr). 

Once processed, the Certificate of Admission document will be sent by express mail delivery (DHL Express) to either the study abroad coordinator at your university (if you are an officially nominated exchange student) or to you directly (if you are a visiting/fee paying student).

Please reconfirm all contact information (name, full mailing address/zip code, and contact telephone number) so that your certificate of admission will be delivered by DHL Express in a timely fashion.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s