Mini HUFS ISS 2012 reunion going on in Seoul NOW!!!
Ranked as the world’s TOP 30 and BEST in Korea – QS World University Rankings by Subject 2014 “Modern Languages” #hufs
The inauguration ceremony of Dr. In-chul Kim, 10th president of Hankuk University of Foreign Studies was held at Obama Hall on February 25, 2014. Dr. Kim’s four-year term is set to begin on March 1, 2014.
2014 ISS is now open for applicants!
To ring in the Year of the Horse, and thank our wonderful partners, this year we have opened extra slots for exchange students from the following universities:
Ecole de Management de Normandie, Grant MacEwan University, INALCO,
Jawaharlal Nehru University, KIMEP, L. N. Gumilyov Eurasian National University,
Leiden University,Malardalen University, Medicine Hat College, Paris Diderot University,
Saint Petersburg State University, San Diego State University, Saxion University of Applied Sciences, SOAS, State University of New York -Oneonta, State University of New York -Stony Brook, Stockholm University, Thammasat University, University of Brunei Darussalam, University of Central Lancashire, University of Central Missouri, University of Edinburgh, University of Hamburg, University of Indonesia, University of Leicester, University of Malaya, University of Oslo, University of Paris IV – Sorbonne, University of Provence AIX-Marseille 1, University of Rome-La Sapienza.
If you had a good time in ISS, come on back again and/or tell your friends about us.
Your home university coordinator can officially nominate you/your friends in our system now.
Visiting students are also welcome to apply.
We look forward to seeing you soon in 2014 ISS!
Instruction Guide for Newly Revised Fees For All Visa & Immigration-Related Services (Effective January 1, 2014)
The Ministry of Justice and the Korean Immigration Office recently announced this information about visa and immigration services.
The Instruction Guide for Newly Revised Fees For All Visa & Immigration-Related Services
Please note that all fees will be effective January 1, 2014
1. Background for the Fee Increase
○ The current fees for all visa and immigration-related services have been frozen for about 15 years. Taking the annual inflation rate and the rise of labor cost since 1998 into account, it is agreed that the current service fees are set too low.
○ Furthermore, considering that all fess for visa and immigration-related services are determined on a reciprocal basis between two countries, our service charges have been considered too low compared to the fees of other developed countries.
2. Major Details for the Fee Increase
○ In principle, the newly revised fees will be increased up to 100% from the current level of service charges.
– However, the fees for Change of Sojourn Status to F-5 Permanent Resident, (Re)Issuance of Alien Registration Card (including Resident Registration Card) and others will be increased at different rates. Please see the table below for more information.
3. The Effective Date : January 1st, 2014
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2013 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
The concert hall at the Sydney Opera House holds 2,700 people. This blog was viewed about 8,400 times in 2013. If it were a concert at Sydney Opera House, it would take about 3 sold-out performances for that many people to see it.
Today HUFS ISS is attending the 2nd Talk4Action on Energy-safe Cities, hosted by ICLEI East Asia.
We thank you for giving us this opportunity to learn more about sustainability and current scenarios which will lead to positive action for ourselves and ultimately for Planet Earth.
Hankuk University of Foreign Studies and the University of Tampere (Finland) signed an MOU on December 6, 2013.
We look forward to welcoming more student exchanges soon!